Saturday, February 20, 2010

Quick and easy frosted brownies


Whenever I need to make a quick dessert, these brownies are my standby. They are delicious and are ready to eat in under 30 minutes!

I am terrible about getting nice pictures of the food I make because I am always so excited to eat it that I forget to get some pictures before digging in. That was the case with these brownies. Sorry.

Quick & easy frosted brownies

Brownie Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cocoa (I use just a bit less than that)

Grease a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix wet ingredients together first and then add dry ingredients. Pour batter onto cookie sheet. Note: Yes, these are very thin brownies. Bake for 17 minutes.

Fast Melting Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
2 heaping tbl cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
water

Melt the stick of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cocoa and vanilla. Take off burner and add powdered sugar. Whisk in. The frosting will be hard to stir at this point so add a bit of water (about 1/4 cup). Mix together. I turn the burner back on for about 10 seconds to help dissolve the water and powdered sugar. Immediately pour the frosting over the slightly cooled brownies and quickly frost before frosting dries.

Enjoy with a tall glass of milk or scoop of ice cream.

1 comment: